Sunday, September 25, 2005

"I love technology..."

I admit it. I love technology. I love my computer. I love being able to write an entire paper, have everything spelled correctly, have it however big I want it in whatever style of font I want it, and printed out in my hand within a few minutes. People always tell me how spoiled I am during high school because of all the modern conveniences that I have. You know, the whole "Back in my day, I used a typewriter" speech. Well, to all those people, I have only one thing to say. If being able to use modern technology means that I have to have the title "Spoiled Brat" accompany me wherever I go, make me a sign!

The inspiration for my blog came from my wonderful young women's leader, who, bless her heart, had to listen to my joyous cries of "I got a new cell phone! I got a new cell phone!" and said "Great, blog about it." Hehe! Now the entire blogging community can hear my joyous cries, because guess what? I got a new cell phone!! Not only is it a cell phone, but it's a CAMERA FLIP phone. AH!! With TEXT MESSAGING!

This wonderful blessing came about from a very unlikely source....my sister's pet dog, Khai. Yeah, I know. Weird. Actually, the thought of getting a new phone plan has been something I've been trying to talk my parents into for a very long time. My old phone had only had 100 minutes a month, no text messaging, and it was a boring not flip phone. It was the worst phone plan I've ever heard of anyone having. My mom and sister, however, had really good plans. I found this rather unfair, and for the past little while my one wish has been to get a camera flip phone with text messaging.

So how does Khai come into all of this? He came into the story last week, when my sister accidentally left her phone within reach of his mouth, and he thought it looked like a nice chew toy. Needless to say, my sister found herself in need of a new phone, and fast. Looking at phones on the internet, she discovered that if she bought herself a new phone, it would cost her $180 for the cheapest model. If our family decided to get onto a new family share plan, however, we'd all get great deals, and she'd only end up paying $175. My parents bit the bait.

Friday night, after play practice, my sister came to pick me up and took me to the phone store to meet my mom. An hour later, I had in my hand my new, beautiful, shiny, CAMERA FLIP phone. Whoosh! I spent the night text messaging my friends and playing with all the fun gadgets that come with it. Within two hours of owning it, I had more pictures than my sister had previously had on her old phone.

Basically, I just have to agree with Kip from Napolean Dynomite (dumb movie, but it had some good laughs) when he said, "I love technology...always and forever!"

7 comments:

Sister Pottymouth said...

So do you think Hallmark.com has one of those free e-cards saying "Congratulations on your newest technology addition"? Is it socially acceptable to have a cell phone shower? What do you get for the cell phone that has everything? I'm in such a quandry...

Sister Pottymouth said...

Wow, Leah. You're getting blog spam. How fun for you!

Leah Jean said...

Nice, Julie. Don't worry about the cell phone shower, but if you REALLY want to get it a gift or something, I have a suggestion. My cell phone's one desire is that I be happy...so you should just get ME the gift! :P

dalene said...

Way to go Leah. Call me?!

Nice comment Julie...a cell phone shower. I am amused.

JandB said...

wait a second. Is this the leah that lives across from some crazy people that used to have cats and the leah that has a newly engaged older sister?

i can't believe that you're a sell out! you own a cellphone!? well actually i'm just jealous because i don't have a cell phone.

JandB said...

wait a second. Is this the leah that lives across from some crazy people that used to have cats and the leah that has a newly engaged older sister?

i can't believe that you're a sell out! you own a cellphone!? well actually i'm just jealous because i don't have a cell phone.

Leah Jean said...

Hehe. The one and only! And yes, it's true....my sister is finally going to be out of the house! Just kidding. I'll miss her...but I won't miss my stuff mysteriously ending up in her room half gone!